Do you want to be part of creating the cloud-native future of animated entertainment? Then Trickfilm is the place for you! Together we form a team of talented professionals who push the boundaries of what’s possible in a culture of high performance and creative excellence. We work best as one amazing team that respects and supports each other in everything we do. Although most of the team is remote (for now), our headquarters is located in beautiful Vancouver, Canada.
Join Our Growing Team
Trickfilm Entertainment Inc. is a Vancouver-based company developing innovative technology for the interactive media & entertainment industry. We are looking for a senior game engine developer with expert knowledge of Unreal and/or Unity. This role is primarily responsible for leading development of production tools and cloud services integration. This is a full time position, 40 hours/week, remote to begin but eventually with flexible/hybrid office hours.
- Brainstorm, R&D, and implement streamlined & artist friendly real time content creation pipelines and toolsets – real-time engine tools development
- Integrate into the real-time game build artist provided or self created assets from various third party digital content creation software
- Create required UI’s/Front End menu frameworks
- Seek out, fix and optimize performance issues including, but not limited to framerate issues, memory problems, and material errors
- Document results and processes
- Develop product hypotheses & meet with end users to validate and expand upon findings
- Work with various team members to integrate and optimize assets.
- Work with various team members to conceptualize streamlined asset creation and integration workflows and associated tool sets
- Collaborate with development team to conceptualize and implement asset integration workflows and tool sets
- Engage in Agile project management methodologies, set, meet, & review sprint targets
- Identify and solve technical problems with existing tools
- Senior level AAA game engines experience (e.g. Unity, Unreal)
- Senior level Programming experience (e.g. C++, C#)
- Experience supporting game engine builds and associated software (ie. perForce)
- Working knowledge of CG Industry standard digital content creation tools (e.g. Harmony, Maya, Photoshop, Substance Designer, Blender, Houdini, Nuke, etc)
- Working knowledge of industry standard third party game engine asset libraries, plugins, and tools
- Strong problem-solving skills and intellectual curiosity
- Experience with agile project management
- Experience with cloud services (e.g. AWS, Digital Ocean)
- Experience with web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Experience with online payment systems
- Experience working at a start-up
Trickfilm is an equal opportunity employer, however candidates must be eligible to live and work in Canada and be fluent in written and spoken English. Only those candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted. Compensation may include meaningful equity ownership.